Request an Extension for Comment Now
Public Comments Processing
Attn: Docket No. FWS–R9–FHC–2008–0015
Division of Policy and Directives Management
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 222
Arlington, VA 22203
The letter for an extension of the comment period by USARK can be viewed at www.usark.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/USARK_Request_for_Extension.pdf.
- A significant amount of time has passed since the last opportunity for public comment closed in 2010.
- Substantial new biological and economic information has become available since the end of the last comment period.
- The proposed listings will have severe educational, economic, conservation and scientific impacts, and therefore adequate time for submissions is necessary.
- Tens of thousands of responsible pet keepers will also be negatively affected.
- Reptile owners are a diverse group, so extra time is needed to ensure that all concerns are heard. This is particularly true for military service members.
This is important information as listing non-native species under the Endangered Species Act often does more harm than good.
Daytona National Reptile Breeders' Expo
International Herpetological Symposium (IHS)