Status: No longer active. This bill has died in committee.
Where: Wisconsin State
What: Wisconsin Assembly Bill 703 was introduced January 31, 2014 and the first public hearing was February 4, 2014. View more information at www.usark.org/uncategorized/2014-wisconsin-assembly-bill-703/. This bill makes changes to the laws relating to the possession of certain wild animals. It impacts these reptile species: Crocodylia: an alligator of any species, crocodile of any species, caiman of any species, or gharial.
Below you can find a sample letter and easy contact form for the committee members. Remember to always be professional and civil when addressing legislators and commenting publicly. Residents should contact other pet owners, herp societies, potentially affected businesses, etc. to organize and make an impact. This is being pushed by anti-pet groups.
How you can help: (Wisconsin residents only, please)
You can fight for your rights (Wisconsin residents need comment but feel free if you have a relevant experience from similar legislation in your state):
- Complete the required fields (name, address, etc.)
- Enter the four character verification code
- OPTIONAL: You may personalize the message (PLEASE be civil and write appropriately)
- Hit SEND
- You will see a successfully sent message at the top of the screen
- NOTE: Close page and reopen for each person!
- Share this page by simply using the links below or copying/pasting the URL
- You just supported your pet community. THANKS!
- It is more important to contact your legislators individually using the information at www.usark.org/uncategorized/2014-wisconsin-assembly-bill-703/. The mass email method below may be filtered as SPAM.
- Share this alert with Wisconsin residents! Share this page by simply using the link icons below or copying/pasting the URL