EXPIRED: This bill did not pass.
West Virgina House Bill 2209 was introduced February 13, 2013. This bill seeks to make ownership and breeding of many reptiles illegal including; water monitors, crocodile monitors, crocodilians, hundreds of venomous snakes and also many mammals.
- A person may not own, possess, keep, harbor, bring into the state or have custody or control of a potentially dangerous wild animal
- A person may not breed a potentially dangerous wild animal
- A person in legal possession of a potentially dangerous wild animal prior to January 1, 2014, and who is the legal possessor of the animal may keep possession of the animal for the remainder of the animal’s life and shall prove that he or she possessed the animal prior to January 1, 2014
Complete text and list of prohibited animals can be found here: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/WV-HB2209-2.13.14.pdf
USARK opposes this bill.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
In less than 1 minute you can fight for your rights:
- Complete the required fields (name, address, etc.)
- Enter the four character verification code
- OPTIONAL: You may personalize the message (PLEASE be civil and write appropriately)
- Hit SEND
- You will see a successfully sent message at the top of the screen
- Share this page by simply using the links below or copying/pasting the URL
- You just sent emails to the West Virgina Committee on Natural Resources members. THANKS!