Where: Nevada State
What: Assembly Bill 246, as written, would ban reptile shows in Nevada by prohibiting the sale of animals at swap meets. This bill defines "swap meet" as: a flea market, open air market or other organized event at which two or more persons offer merchandise for sale or exchange. You can view the bill here: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/NVAB246.pdf
How you can help:
Step 1 for Everyone:
Please click the link to help your fellow herpers in Nevada. Directions can be found at the link. Just select or type AB246, vote AGAINST, type a professional and civil message if desired (see below), fill in your address and hit SUBMIT. https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/77th2013/A/
Please copy/paste this message:
I ask you to vote NO on AB 246 as written and to alter the bill to exclude reptile and animal-specific trade shows and conventions. The current terminology could negatively affect responsible business owners and pet owners.
Step 2 for Nevada Residents Only:
You can fight for your rights (Nevada residents only, please):
- Complete the required fields (name, address, etc.)
- Enter the four character verification code
- OPTIONAL: You may personalize the message (PLEASE be civil and write appropriately)
- Hit SEND
- You will see a successfully sent message at the top of the screen
- You just sent emails to the Nevada Committee on Natural Resources, Agriculture and Mining Members. THANKS!
- Share this alert with everyone and especially Nevada residents! Share this page by simply using the link icons below or copying/pasting the URL