THIS BILL IS DEAD! Thanks to everyone who used this alert and voiced their opinions.
WHERE: CONNECTICUT STATE
WHAT: House Bill 5832 was introduced on January 24, 2013. It seeks to completely ban boa contrictors and Burmese pythons. HB 5832 proposes to amend a general rule to include that “the sale, transfer or breeding of certain exotic animals is also prohibited and to add tigers, mole vipers, boa constrictors, burmese pythons and sea snakes to the list of prohibited animals. . .” Complete text can be found here: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/CT_HB_5832.pdf
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
Send an email using your default email program (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.) by clicking the link below, or fill in and submit the form:
In less than 1 minute you can fight for your rights:
- Complete the required fields (name, address, etc.)
- Enter the four character verification code
- OPTIONAL: You may personalize the message (PLEASE be civil and write appropriately)
- Hit SEND
- You will see a successfully sent message at the top of the screen
- Share this page by simply using the links below or copying/pasting the URL
- You just sent emails to the Connecticut Environmental Committee Members. THANKS!