EXPIRED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
Niles, Ohio is discussing a ban on all reptiles and possibly all exotic animals. Any locals should attend this week's meeting (information below) and speak against this absurdly over-reaching ordinance. Simply showing up and providing your support for those that do speak is greatly beneficial, too. The City Council will note how many people are there in support of the reptile community.
Those from surrounding and nearby cities should also attend. There should be a concerted effort to stop this in Niles so any new ordinance does not spread.
Remember to be civil and professional at all times! Any other behavior will only harm our community and our efforts.
What To do:
Call the Mayor's office and simply let them know, with civility, that you oppose any new exotic animal ordinance in Niles. See our sample letter if you would like to say more.
PHONE: (330) 544-9000 (Ext. 150)
between 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Send an email:
Click here to send a message to Niles officials www.thecityofniles.com/index.php/contact-us. You can simply copy/paste the sample letter below, but it is better to write your own or at minimum personalize our sample letter. Remember to be civil and professional!
Attend the meeting:
City Council public hearing location and time:
Complete the ACTION ALERT below:
- Complete the required fields (name, address, etc.)
- Enter the four character verification code
- OPTIONAL: You may personalize the message (PLEASE be civil and write appropriately)
- Hit SEND
- You will see a successfully sent message at the top of the screen
- NOTE: Close page and reopen for each person!
- You just supported your pet community. THANKS!
- Share this alert with Ohio residents! Share this page by simply using the link icons below or copying/pasting the URL.