WHERE: NEVADA STATE
UPDATE: Nevada SB245 will be heard by the Senate Committee on Natural Resources on March 28, 2013. Please click the link to help your fellow herpers and exotic keepers. Directions can be found at the link. Just select or type SB245, vote AGAINST, type a professional and civil message if desired, fill in your address and hit SUBMIT. https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/77th2013/A/
Dedicated Nevada citizens have successfully fought against recent legislation. The newest draft of SB 245 has large constrictors removed thanks to their hard work. Sea snakes were the only herp-related addition as the other listed herps were previously prohibited.
NOTE: Only Nevada residents should use the USARK Action Alert form. However, anyone may contact the committee members via their email addresses. Remember to be professional and civil! The USARK Action Alert can be found at this link:
WHAT: Senate Bill 245 seeks to ban sea snakes and additional species of mammals not previously prohibited. Complete text can be found here: http://usark.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/NVSB245.pdf (Note: crocodilians and the included venomous snakes, other than sea snakes, were previously prohibited and are not newly listed)
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
In only a few minutes you can fight for your rights:
- Follow the directions and link at the top of the page after UPDATE
- Complete the USARK Action Alert form if you are a Nevada resident
- Complete the required fields (name, address, etc.)
- Enter the four character verification code
- OPTIONAL: You may personalize the message (PLEASE be civil and write appropriately)
- Hit SEND
- You will see a successfully sent message at the top of the screen
- You just sent emails to the Nevada Natural Resources Committee Members. THANKS!
- Share this alert with everyone and especially Nevada residents! Share this page by simply using the links below or copying/pasting the URL
- You may also contact the officials directly as their contact information is below.
Additional contact information is below should you choose to contact these Senators and officials directly. Please remember to act in a professional manner. Thanks for supporting your herp and exotic animal communities!
Senator Aaron Ford
P.O. Box 96003
Las Vegas, NV 89193-6003
Senator Tick Segerblom
700 South Third Street
Las Vegas, NV 89101-6703
Mark A. Manendo
3400 Cabana Drive, Unit 2039
Las Vegas, NV 89122-4243
James A. Settelmeyer
2388 Highway 395
Minden, NV 89423-8923
P.O. Box 97